Sunday, November 7, 2010

fighting with myself

on the one hand, i *really* want to lose this weight. on the other hand, i struggle with temptation hardcore and i don't have a lot of real world help. i mean, i have people who'll cheer me on and who don't push me to make bad decisions, but sometimes i think i need more than that.

so here's what i think i need/need to do. i'm not sure how to make all these happen, so if anybody has any suggestions or advice, i'd love to hear them. :)

#1) start working out regularly. i'm trying to convince myself to get up in the mornings and go walk at the mall. i want to try to C25K program too - once i get myself used to moving (rather than just standing) regularly - but i have to figure out a place to do it. my lungs can't handle the cold air and i really don't want to wait til spring to do it.

#2) develop a regular sleep schedule. i've been trying to do this for awhile. i epic fail. no matter how tired i am at, say, 8 pm, when it's 10 or 11 or midnight and i'd actually like to go to bed, i can't sleep. so i need to figure out a way to get myself to actually go to sleep at like 10 or 11 so i can wake up at 6 or 7 and get stuff done before it's time to go to work or whatever else outside of the house i might need to do.

#3) develop a food plan and stick to it. i really struggle with figuring out balanced meals. i need to come up with a few "stand-by" meals that i can just stick to. this is why i lost a bunch of weight before meeting my husband, and have basically just gained since. i can eat basically the same thing every day. it doesn't bother me, in fact, i find it somewhat comforting. him, not so much. and if i tell him he has to feed himself, he just goes and gets mcdonalds. so i need to come up with my own super simple stand-bys for breakfast and lunch (which i usually eat by myself anyway) and then it won't matter so much what we end up eating together for dinner as long as i watch my portion sizes.

now i shall go shower and see if it helps me fall asleep before 2 a.m. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment